This policy describes how we use and protect your personal and other information. It also explains how and why we collect, store, use and share this data.
We will ensure that your privacy is protected. If we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified, then it will only be used in conformity with this policy.
We may change this policy from time to time; please check it at your convenience.
What we collect
We collect only minimal information. We may hold the following information in our records:
- Your name
- Your employer or firm (if appropriate), your job title and your responsibilities
- Your address and telephone numbers
- Electronic contact details o Other information that is necessary for the conduct of our professional
How and why we use your personal data
Atelier Architecture and Design Ltd is the data controller and is responsible for ensuring that its officers, and through them its systems and processes, comply with data protection legislation. We collect almost all of this information from you directly. However, we may also collect information from publicly accessible sources. Sometimes the information is provided by third parties (including, for instance, the Royal Institute of British Architects) so as to enable us to contact you in connection with a professional appointment.
We will only use your information in ways that you would reasonably expect, including for the following reasons:
- To understand your requirements and provide you with our professional services
- Internal record keeping
- For the performance of an agreement with you or to take steps at your request (either directly or indirectly through a third party) to prepare for a contractual agreement
- Accountancy and other legal obligations
- For conflict of interest checks and other legitimate interests
Who we share your personal data with
We routinely share personal data with
- Other people or firms that you appoint in connection with our duties to you
- Other third parties where necessary to carry out your instructions
- Our insurers
- Our bank
- External software providers including providers of mobile phone applications
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
Allow third-party vendors, including Google, to show ads on sites across the Internet. This includes serving them based on someone’s past visits to this website.
You can block Google Analytics tracking completely using Google’s Analytics Opt-out browser add-on. https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How long is data stored
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Otherwise, as long as this website operates.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have physical, electronic and managerial procedures and processes that are designed to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. These rules are accepted and enforced as a standard globally.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Controlling your personal information
Please write to us if you wish us to do any of the following, which we shall do promptly:
- restrict the collection or use of your personal information at any time;
- delete your personal information;
- send you a copy of the personal information of yours that we hold;
- correct any information of yours that contains errors
We will not sell, lease or give your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties unless you ask for it.
You may email email@example.com to request viewing or erasure of your data.